Team Luton Swimming Club is a friendly, highly successful competitive swimming club based at Luton’s sports complex – Inspire: Luton Sports Village. We take swimmers once they have completed the ASA Learn to Swim Level 5 and then develop them to reach their full potential – with the club being represented at County, Regional and National Level. Our youngest swimmers are around 7 years old with our Masters aged up to 65 years plus.
To provide a SwimMark accredited professional club environment that enables all swimmers to reach their full competitive swimming potential.
What we do
- We run a competitive swimming programme, delivered by qualified coaches and within the framework of the Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) guidance from British Swimming.
- We participate in, and promote, competitive amateur swimming events, galas and championships in Luton, Bedfordshire, the East Region and nationally.
- We provide facilities so that swimmers can reach the highest standards in the sport from club through to international level.
- We run a coaching programme that enables swimmers to improve their stamina, technique and speed through structured training sessions.
- We welcome swimmers who have learnt to swim to Stage 5 and who have passed a club trial swim. Swimmers accepted into the club are allocated a squad, led by qualified swimming coaches who will develop strokes and swimming technique in a competitive and friendly swimming environment. If you think the standard hasn’t yet been met, don’t worry – check out Active Luton’s Hydra programme.